May 23, 2011

heartbroken.

my heart is breaking for those in joplin right now.
such destruction & devastation in my hometown.

found here thanks to a friend from high school.

please, please, PLEASE pray for joplin. friends are without homes, water, & power. good friends have lost loved ones. thankful today that my family is safe & sound after a scary search for one family member. pray for my aunt. she has down syndrome & survived her nursing home collapsing around her. praying for a lack of confusion over living in a new place. praying that the staff will look out for her while my family leaves for an important trip. praise JESUS alone that He saved her.

found this quote on brooke's blog this morning & couldn't think of anything more appropriate.

"When I fail to pray, the best I can do is the best I can do. I forfeit my spiritual potential. But when I pray, the best I can do is no longer the best I can do. The best I can do is the best God can do."

No comments:

Post a Comment